Scrum Master Position
To inquire about this position call 309-454-6052 or email email@example.com.
Creative Sites Media, Inc. (CSM) is a team of highly skilled, creative, midwest-based developers who are passionate about innovative technology. Our agile development process and unique structure allows us to truly become an extension of our client’s business. What sets us apart is our ability to create custom development fast to address unique business needs.
Seeking full-time, scrum master to lead a highly-skilled, development team. Must understand agile principles, facilitate team organization and adapt quickly to development sprints. This position must be an individual who will be the face of our work. They will intermediate between our clients and agency partners, and be responsible for task delegation, timely communication with clients and strategic forward-planning.
This individual shall have many leadership liberties, such as redefining current processes and architecting project execution plans.
Though this position fully encompasses project management, a key attribute for this hire will be an individual that exudes client relationship awareness and politically-strategic execution.
This is a highly-technical position, but does not require a individual to have coding proficiency. However, they must understand the development process, and more importantly, be able to translate business requirements between clients and the team. Familiarity with software and hardware development lifecycles and environments, specific to web application, IoT and mobile application development. Must be able to pick up technical and business concepts quickly and understand technical issues at a sufficiently deep level to identify gaps.
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel toremove the impediment
- Plan and identify resource needs throughout the project
- Effectively applying methodology and enforce project standards as the project requires
- Facilitate discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution
- Actively work with the team to manage work assignments and deliverables
- Review deliverables prepared by team before moving projects to QA/Staging/Production
- Prepare for engagement reviews and use appropriate quality assurance procedures
- Minimize company exposure and risk on projects
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiate informationeffectively
- Support efforts for grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Primary point of contact between development team and clients/agency partnerss
- Facilitates team meetings effectively
- Holds weekly status meetings with project team, and daily sync-ups as necessary
- Attend/lead weekly Senior Staff sync-ups with leadership to effectively communicate relevant project information
- Deliver engaging, informative, polished, tested, well-organized presentations and demos to clients
- Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of project management experience in a technical development or consulting environment
- Expert knowledge of Agile and traditional project management principles
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- One or more related certifications such as Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
This position is open for local candidates; must work from Bloomington IL studio.
- ($80-$90) pending experience and qualifications
- 2 weeks vacation (annually)
- 11 paid holidays
- 40 additional hours paid time off (annually)
- Premium health insurance