$65k starting + Premium Benefits
Applicant must be local to Bloomington/Normal IL, or consider moving to the area for the position. This is not a remote position. We cannot accommodate work visas.
Who We Are
Creative Sites Media, Inc. (CSM) is a team of highly skilled, creative, midwest-based developers, production designers and engineers who are passionate about innovative technology and live event production.
CSM consists of 2 arms.
- Our left arm is web and mobile application development.
- Our right arm is live event and video production.
This open position is for the right arm, and is a leadership-level / operations role.
CSM's event production equipment portfolio currently boasts:
- 50+ fixture intelligent lighting array
- Extensive EAW audio system, including an 8-cabinet line-array
- 32 panel LED video wall
- Trussing arrays
- Pro event multi-camera, live switching / recording system
About the Position
First and foremost, this individual must be passionate about production, including:
- Staging & production design
- Lighting design
- Video development
- Stage effect technology
- Audio design and live professional sound
- Visual design
- LED video wall technology, operation and media/content design
- Production logistics, planning and execution
Second, this person will be responsible for business development in the realm of live event and video production. Business networking and strategy will be a primary responsibility, and applicants with formal business administration training will be considered over other applicants. This individual must exude the following characteristics:
- Leadership & ability to train others
- Agile characteristics
- Value / passion-driven
- Adaptive / ability to pivot
- Quick to fail / learn / try again
- Innovative / push to try new things
- Multi-level planning and strategy / contingency planning
In addition to the above attributes, this individual will be responsible for improving our existing systems to standardize components, expand our capability, organize and maintain our production assets.
Required Technical Skills
This role requires the following technical proficiencies:
- DMX / lighting operation / architecture
- LED video wall operation / architecture
- Staging / rigging / load calculation & strategy
- Professional audio mixing / large scale sound reinforcement
- Basic gaffer knowledge / power distribution / signal workflow / cable management
- Video editing and sequencing workflows
- Camera and lens use
- Video set and stage lighting
- Video codec and rendering strategy
- Live event (broadcast) camera and source switching workflow
- Applicational understanding of gensync and latency
- Adobe video editing workflows:
- After Effects
- Live streaming
- Work on event productions
- Stage lighting programming & operation
- Work on professional video and/or photo shoots
- Team leading
- Live event camera operation
- Live event control room switching
- Professional audio mixing
Note: Not required, but applicants will be preferably considered.
- Event production management
- Production directing
- Formal video production training / education
- Business management
- Business degree
- Video demo / roll
- Video wall operation
- Professional grip experience
- Musician and/or music-industry experience
- Travel / event productions are typically in-state, central Illinois
- Some nights and weekends, depending on event & shoot scheduling
- Some overtime / time off for nights and weekends will be balanced or compensated
- Minimum 40 hours logged per week
- General in-studio hours 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Mon - Fri
- $65k starting salary / 40 hours per week + overtime
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 10 paid holidays
- Benefits package:
- Premium health insurance (BCBS)
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability coverage
- Long-term disability coverage
- Relaxed work culture
- Creative, agile work environment
- Bonus & fast-track promotion opportunities
To apply for this position:
- **Write a cover letter, addressing the above proficiency and experience expectations in detail.
- If applicable, provide links to samples of work (video, photos, etc…)
- Provide a formal resume (must be PDF), including:
- Formal education (post high-school)
- Past employment history
- Work & project experience
- Provide contact information for 2 references. References must be individuals supporting your work history and experience working in the field of event & video production.
**Email the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter can be the body of your email.
Considered applicants will be required to meet for one or more in-person interviews at our studio in Bloomington IL.